Get Started!

Do I need my own insurance?

Yes. As a self-employed nurse (via your PSC) working through Florence you will need to have your own indemnity insurance.

If you are a nurse or carer working outside of the NHS, having the correct professional indemnity insurance is a legal requirement to maintain your registration. Indemnity insurance helps to cover you for any professional negligence claims or allegations of malpractice.

You are able to get indemnity insurance from a number of sources.

If you're a member of the RCN they will cover your professional actions.

Similarly, there are independent organisations which also provide this insurance, for example UNISON.

Was this article helpful?
Yes No