What is a Right To Work check?
Every UK employer must complete a Mandatory right to work check before employment begins. With the strict immigration laws in place since 2014, an employer can now be fined up to £20,000 per employee who hasn't been checked or who doesn't have the correct and up-to-date documentation to prove their right to work.
When uploading documents, applicants should:
- Take a high resolution photo, ideally using a smart phone or scanner
- Ensure that the text is clear and readable
- Place the document against a flat and neutral surface
- Ensure all 4 corners of the document are in the photo
- Avoid shadows, reflections, glares and fingers obscuring the document
- Ensure the image is a colour copy