Florence is distributing the following information from Bupa to provide agency staff the latest update for working at Bupa homes.
Thank you for working with Bupa. Following the recent COVID-19 outbreak it’s more important than ever that we’re keeping residents safe and well.
All agency staff must read and agree to the below before starting their shift in a Bupa care home or Richmond Village.
Bupa agency staff guidelines
You must tell us immediately if:
- You develop symptoms of COVID-19, including a high temperature, a loss of smell or taste, or a persistent cough. If this is the case, please do not visit the home/village for seven days.
- Someone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19, In this instance you should not visit the home/village for 14 days.
- You have been working at another site with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients or residents. Please speak to Florence/ the home manager, but it is likely that you will be unable to visit any Bupa sites for 14 days.
For your shifts with Bupa, you must:
- Bring a clean, unworn uniform and change into when you arrive. Do not travel to work in your uniform. Let us know if this is a problem and we will try and support you.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds as soon as you enter the building, before starting your shift.
- Ensure you maintain hand hygiene by washing hands regularly and always between residents.
- Watch and follow this video explaining how to use the wear PPE, which we will supply as required.
- Have a tour of the home/village, and understand where to find important/emergency equipment, fire exits etc. You will also be given an information sheet, with details of who to contact with any concerns. If either are not offered to you automatically, please ask
If you are:
- A registered nurse, you must ensure you follow the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code at all times. You must recognise and work within the limits of your professional competence
- An unregistered nursing support worker (e.g. a carer), you must speak up if you feel you do not have the skills required to do the job being asked
If you have any concerns during your shift – including anyone displaying signs of COVID-19, or the supply of PPE – please inform the person in charge (as detailed on your information sheet) or speak with the home/village manager.
The nature of our business means you may be asked to care for some residents either with or suspected of having COVID-19.
Safety is our priority, so in these instances you will be given PPE in line with advice from Public Health England.
All of Bupa’s relevant policies and guidelines are available and your home manager will be able to provide you with a copy. Similarly, if you’ve any other questions, please speak to your manager.