We’re proud to announce we’re now a signatory of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter, as part our our commitment to inclusivity at all levels of our business.
In 2022 we published our first Diversity, Equality and Inclusion report as a foundation to improving diversity in our team.
Ethnic minorities still face inequality in finding work and career progression, and that is something we need to work to change.
The recently signed Charter is made up of seven calls to action that Florence will be working towards in the next year:
Our Race at Work call to actions
- Appoint an executive sponsor for race
- Capture ethnicity data
- Commit at board level to zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Make equity, diversity and inclusion the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Take action that supports black, Asian, mixed race and other ethnically diverse employee career progression
- Support race inclusion allies in the workplace
- Include black, Asian, mixed race and other ethnically diverse-led enterprise owners in supply chains.
I am thrilled to be continuing our work on important initiatives like the race at work charter. Our mission is to give everyone the care and dignity they deserve and to do this, we must be an inclusive and supportive place to work.
Sharon Murphy, Head of People at Florence
In signing the charter, Florence commits to taking steps to make our workplace is tackling barriers that black, Asian, mixed race and other ethnically diverse people face in recruitment and progression.
We’re looking forward to continuing our work with organisations such as 10,000 Black Interns, and more to further this initiative.
Find out more about diversity and inclusion at Florence.