Are you a nurse, care assistant or support worker new to Florence Academy and not sure where to start, or how it can work for you?
Or maybe you’re working in a different industry and want to know more about starting your career in care with Academy?
Either way, we’ve got you covered. Here, you'll find out how to unlock the benefits of our free, world-class online courses.
You can jump in and start learning at any point on this journey.
Collections vs courses: what's the difference?
You'll see both collections and courses when you log in to Academy - here's what each term means:
Learn for free, at your own pace
Many Florence Academy learners begin by enrolling in our Pathway to Care Collection. This collection is – and always will be – free. It gives you fundamental knowledge and an introduction to the world of care, and helps you understand what you need to do next to start your career in care.
You can dip into other courses on the platform for free, too. Try our First Aid course, or something more specialised like Introduction to Trauma-informed Care, with no limits on your access. After you complete these courses, you can choose to buy the certificates to prove your learning. More on that later.
Start – or refresh – your mandatory training for a career in care
Enrolling in the Care Essentials Collection is the best way to begin care’s mandatory training. We’ve bundled together ten courses, all required training for a career in care, and made the certificates better value when bought together.
You can come back to the collection to renew your certificates every year.
Boost your CV – and your confidence
We’ve designed Florence Academy to empower health and social care professionals. We hope you can use the platform to grow, learn and specialise all the way through your career. And importantly, earn the certificates to prove your learning to employers.
There are two ways to buy certificates:
- As part of a collection of courses, like the care essentials collection. By buying your certificates as part of a collection, you’ll always save money on the total price. We add new collections all the time, so keep checking for the latest offer. Why not try the Understanding Mental Health and Wellbeing in Care collection today?
- Buy your certificates one at a time for £2.99 + VAT. Some of our most popular certificate courses:
- Supporting Identity and Wellbeing in Care Homes
- Guide to Nurse Revalidation
- Basic Life Support (theory)
- Pay for a premium video course. A small number of our courses, like our video course An Introduction to Stoma Care, are paid for upfront, before enrolling on the course.
Create your free portfolio
Your Florence Academy portfolio is an easy way to share your achievements and experience with recruiters and employers – or anyone else you’d like.
In your portfolio you can:
- See your Florence Academy certificates in one place.
- View and buy certificates for courses you've finished.
- Add other certificates, work history and top skills.
You can then share your portfolio, either by using the link, or as a PDF.
We’re here for you
However you choose to learn, Florence Academy is here to support your journey. You can find more information in our help centre, and we think the best way is to jump right in – sign up or log in here.
P.S. Know a friend or colleague who might benefit from Florence Academy? You can now send them this referral link. Sharing is caring!
You might also be interested in: