From January 2020, all carers on Florence will be paid via PAYE.
This affects carers using Florence in two ways:
- New carers: from now on (January 2020), new carers joining Florence will be paid via PAYE. There will be no option to choose to be paid via a limited company.
- Carers who are currently paid via limited company: over January and February 2020, carers paid via a limited company will move to being paid via PAYE.
If you’re a carer on Florence who’s already being paid via PAYE, you will not see a change to your profile.
What will happen next?
If you’re a carer who is paid via limited company, your account manager will be in touch in the next few weeks to explain how to move to being paid via PAYE.
Why is this happening?
We want to make sure carers on Florence have the best chance of finding and picking up shifts.
New IR35 legislation set to be introduced in April 2020 will affect the type of workers care homes will work with. After this legislation is in place, many Florence care homes will choose not to work with carers who are paid via a limited company.
We’re making this change to ensure you can still apply for all shifts posted on Florence.
What are the benefits of being paid via PAYE?
PAYE stands for ‘pay as you earn’, and is the government’s system for collecting income tax and National Insurance from your wages.
This means your taxes are paid from your earnings before they reach your bank account. You don’t need to sort out paying taxes by yourself, or use an accountant - it’s all done for you. This means you can be 100% sure you are paying the correct taxes.
Other benefits to being paid via PAYE:
- You will be automatically enrolled into Florence’s pension scheme, The People's Pension. Florence contributes 3% against your 5% contribution from eligible earnings.
- You don’t need to arrange your own insurance
- You don’t need to keep a record of your receipts, or worry about what to claim for.
- You don’t need to prepare annual accounts or submit confirmation statements, corporation tax returns or self assessment tax returns.
See our post on the benefits of PAYE to find out more.
How will I get paid?
As a carer being paid via PAYE, you’ll be paid weekly, always within seven days of time-sheet approval.
What if I already have a PAYE job?
You can work for other employers, as well as working through Florence, and your taxes will be calculated accordingly.
To read more about working two or more jobs paid via PAYE, please see our longer response to this question at #7 in our IR35 and Florence FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about being paid via PAYE, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you’re already registered on Florence, the best way to have your question answered is to speak to your account manager, either by calling or sending an email.
If you're not sure who your account manager is, please give us a call on 0203 911 2555, email us on email@example.com, or speak to us here on live chat (click the purple button on the bottom left of the screen).
Thanks for working with us during this time of change - we're ready to hear your questions and help you in any way we can.
Not registered, but want to become a carer on Florence? Sign up here in less than a minute.