Happy holidays to you all, our Florence nurses, carers and care homes.
As we approach the end of 2020, we give thanks to you all who have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic.
Find our holiday thank you video from the team above, including a special message from our CEO and co-founder, Charles Armitage.
You have put your own health and safety at risk to care for others, and the dedication and determination you have shown throughout this year is truly humbling.
Thank you again for all your hard work and here’s to a better and brighter 2021.
Charles' message in full...
We've included a shorter version in our video; but here's Charles' message to you in full...
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of our nurses, care workers and care home managers across the country.
Without doubt, 2020 has been an incredibly difficult year. There are many of us who have dealt with, and continue to deal with, personal and professional challenges that will be harder than anything we’ve had to face before.
Long hours spent under stifling PPE; caring for people that are afraid and vulnerable; having to choose between looking after your residents or your own families; months on end of insecurity, lack of information and fear. No one has had things easy.
Of course this is before we think about the individual tragedies of each and every person that has died as a result of COVID-19. The families and friends they leave behind will have a special pain from this year.
Christmas is normally a time to stop and reflect on our lives and the year we’ve just had. Looking back, it might be hard to find things to be grateful for. But look hard enough and they are there. Here are three of mine:
- In a world where it is easy to turn away, it has been heartwarming to see the dedication, selflessness and passion in you that 2020 has needed. Our nurses and care workers are at the top of that list and for that I am sincerely grateful.
- We have seen a triumph with the production and distribution of completely new vaccinations in less than a year. These will save millions of lives from COVID-19 and we will see the technology be applied to many other diseases.
- Lastly, I am grateful for what we’ve been able to do together. Collaboration, compassion and community are what makes humans fantastic. 2020 has forced us to go back to this. I for one will be carrying this forward into 2021.
So from me and everyone at Florence, I would like to say thank you for everything that you have done. 2021 will be an amazing year and I can’t wait to get started.
Dr. Charles Armitage, Florence co-founder
Here to help
Here at Florence, your dedicated account manager is always on hand to support you and help you with any concerns you may have - we’re only a call away. Get in touch by calling your account manager on 020 3911 2555, or emailing email@example.com.
You may also be interested in:
- Join our free Christmas Concert for care homes
- Christmas discounts and rewards for you [updated daily!]
- Top 6 self-care apps for nurses and carers