With Covid-19 cases rising across the UK, Florence nurses and carers are asking how best to work safely in care homes this winter.
Questions we are hearing include - what rules are care homes following? What is the government guidance? And - how can Florence help me find shifts?
We got on a Zoom call with Florence nurses and carers last week to answer these questions, and more.
Watch the video
Click to watch the 35-minute Zoom call below, where Florence team members including our Chief Nurse Fiona and founder Charles talk about the latest government guidance we're following, and answer your questions.
What's covered in the video:
Overview of our policy and government guidance [from Chief Nurse Fiona]
- What Florence guidance is and why
- Government's social care winter plan
- Our communication with care homes right now
- Testing and preventing the spread
Your safety is our top priority [from founder Charles]
- How safety as a top priority for our nurses and carers, residents and others
- How Florence has adapted over past seven months
Q&A [answered by the team]
This section includes a variety of questions asked before and during the call, including...
- How long are we expected to work in the same homes? Is there any flexibility?
- Can you arrange for block bookings for carers?
- Sticking to one home is not what the government is advising, is only Florence saying this?
- Can Florence help me secure a block booking or exclusive contract?
How should I book shifts now?
As covered in the video, we're now advising that you book shifts with the same home when possible using Florence.
This is to follow government guidance, and help protect residents, yourself and others from contracting the virus.
If you'd like to arrange a block booking with a care home, please get in touch with your account manager by calling 020 3911 2555, or emailing [email protected]. We also encourage you to speak with your preferred home directly to check they are happy to go ahead with a block booking, as this will speed up the process.
Here to help
We all hope working with single homes will temporary measure whilst the country gets through winter, we hope to return to a more normal way of working come the new year.
Our team will continue to regularly review and update you on new guidance, policy or developments in the industry, and our fortnightly newsletters will contain all the latest guidance you need.
You also may be interested in: